Welcome to RIMOSA! We are an open-ended, hands-on space for process-based learning filled with interactive exhibits and activities that blend the sciences and art and awaken a child’s curiosity, ignite their creativity and allow them to explore without boundaries. We are thrilled that you have considered our space for your trip.
Please note the following when planning a field trip to our space:
- For the comfort of all of our guests and to ensure that everyone enjoys their experience with us, field trips are limited to groups totaling 55 and below. If you have a group over 55, please consider booking two or more field trips so that all can be accomodated safely and easily.
- Upon arrival, each field trip group will be greeted at the door and, if the group is larger than 15 people – it will be broken into 2 sections. If the group is larger than 25, it will be broken into 3. Our event coordinator will familiarize all with the space and explain what activities and exhibits participants will be using during their visit.
- Each group will spend some of their time roaming the 1,500 square feet of exhibit space and interacting at their own speed with the many hands-on exhibits and some of their time in our Makers’ Space enjoying one of our fascinating facilitated programs or activities. Our event coordinator will go over all these details and more before our guests begin their trip.
- We charge $10 for each student. We require one adult chaperones, age 17 and older, for every 6 students. These adults are not charged. Our chaperone requirements are to ensure student safety. Any group which comes with fewer than one adult chaperone for every 6 students will be charged an additional $50. If a group is 10 or fewer, the per student charge will be waived and a $150 minimum fee will be applied. Field trips are for a maximum of 2 hours. If additional hours are needed, each hour will be $50.
- Field trips can be scheduled Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are located at 763 Westminster Street, Providence, RI. Parking is available on Westminster Street and surrounding areas. There is a RIPTA bus stop “Westminster at Providence School Department” which is on the same side of the street about 2 blocks away.
To schedule your field trip, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hosting you and your students soon!